Provo Utah Mold Testing
Testing for mold is an extremely important step for every homeowner who wants their air quality to remain high. Those who fail to have proper testing done can suffer from medical issues as a result. At The Flood Co., we are dedicated to servicing all our clients who may be concerned that they have a mold problem. It’s common for homeowners to overlook this important procedure as it’s something that rarely comes to mind if you believe there isn’t it isn’t a probability it is present or that it has no health consequences.
The health consequences that mold can bring can be severe. Mold can cause fatal respiratory problems. While most people who are exposed to mold will not suffer from severe repercussions, the symptoms that come from being exposed to mold can still be quite unpleasant. They often include:
- Throat irritation
- Nasal and Sinus Congestion
- Test Tightness
- Sinus Congestion
- Runny Nose
Infants who are exposed to mold are more likely to develop asthma later in life. For those who already have the condition, mold exposure can be life-threatening.
What are the steps we take to discover if there is a mold problem?
An Air Test
We often test for mold by performing an air test. An air test will let us know whether mold is present, at what level, and the type of mold that is in the air. You may be wondering how this can possibly be done. It’s perhaps more intuitive to understand how someone can test a solid or liquid substance.
An air test for mold is either performed by a collector that collects the mold in the air on its surface or by using an air pump. We commonly use these methods to find out the result. This collection is then sent to a lab for testing.
The Tape Test
A tape sample is collected by an absolutely clear piece of tape that is no more than two inches in length. It is handled by us by touching the ends only. This erases the chance of cross-contamination. We position the tape on a surface. It is then pressed so that any mold present will show up on the report. The tape is then sent for analysis.
Why It’s Important To Identify The Type Of Mold
Black mold is highly toxic and can cause death quickly. Black mold can cause nausea, vomiting, and a severe allergic reaction. Perhaps the most important health consequence of being exposed to black mold is bleeding in the lungs. Any type of internal bleeding is highly dangerous. Internal bleeding in the lungs can stop them from supplying your body with oxygen.
Providing Mold Testing To The People Of Provo Utah
We take mold testing seriously at The Flood Co. As we are quite aware of all the dangerous health effects this substance can induce, creating a safe environment for our customers is done with care. If you suspect there may be a mold problem in your home, contact The Flood Co. Today.